Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Circle Round for a CAS(E) of Less is More...

Second post for the day!



I couldn't wait to play along with the new CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge - CAS and CASE - what a FAB combination!  I thought I'd challenge myself and incorporate the Less is More One Layer - Wings challenge too.  I have been wanting to try this technique for a while now - stamping  and highlighting only one area of the stamped image, so I stamped my layers by masking and stamping the Kaisercraft butterfly, and Deasy Designs flower and sentiment, before lightly tracing a circle in pencil around the area I wanted to highlight.  Big mistake as I made a mess when trying to rub out my pencil - next time I'd bite the bullet and just draw my line in ink across the relevant sections.  I coloured my image just using textas - a better choice for a one layer card as Copic markers bleed through the paper - leaving the inside of your card messy ;)

Thought this was perfect for joining in with Catered Crops Circle Round too.

This made me smile...

16 comments:

  1. beautiful! love the vibrant colors but that spotlighting technique is awesome! great take on the challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Lyndal. I love the part colouring of the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully creative use of this sketch!! Beautifully colored! So glad to see you a CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyndal the color is so vibrant, I just love the way only a part of the image is colored. Really BEAUTIFUL!!! So glad you played along with us in our very first challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! LOVE how you have left the flowers in line art!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our first challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card, Lyndal! I love how you colored only the parts that would be covered by a circle. What a neat idea! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful CAS card and perfect for the challenge.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!! Love the bright butterflies and how you spotlighted the image in a circle. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Lyndal!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used a circle to spotlight your color ... beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative!! I love how you only colored a couple of the flowers. Great CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being featured on LIM. Wonderful card. Love how you've hightlighted only a section of the image. Must try that myself...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for explaining a new-to-me and absolutely gorgeous technique. So vibrant. Definitely worthy of a shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Lyndal! Love the powerful colors. A super CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go, Lyndal! Your card is fantastic and deserves the LIM shoutout this week!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.