Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Less is More Awesome...


Pink & Brown
I couldn't resist that title now could I!!!  For this weeks Less is More Pink & Brown Challenge - I had to go with fuschia, 'cause I'm just not a pale pink kinda girl, and what goes better with fuschia than dark, dark chocolate - at least 70%!  And 'cause it's pink it perfectly suits this weeks Catered Crop In the Pink too!

I LOVE the versatility of The Alley Way Stamps Awesome Blossom set - here I've used the small petals to create an almost lotus-like flower, adding a small button and twine stalks.  As I have repeated my flowers - in an odd way as you do - it is perfect for the Card Design Handbook Week Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. The "What's Up" sentiment was created from the Ghoul-friend set, just adding a question mark from Alphabet Soup.

I love this fibre ribbon I purchased at Create on Ormond when I caught up with a friend recently :)  I wrapped the ribbon around some white cardstock and pop-dotted it so the twine stems would tuck neatly behind, and I could stretch the twine to secure the sentiment chipboard in place.  The chipboard is covered in MME paper - love that it looks like an old wooden sign.

Join in the fun @ Repetition Challenge over at Moxie Fab World, til September 24th

10 comments:

  1. This is pink and brown gorgeous! So much texture going on, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really does look awesome Lyndal!
    Those blooms look so vibrant!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal,
    I've nominated you and your blog for a Liebster award--can't believe you haven't received one already! You are so consistently creative--I admire your endurance as well as your beautiful projects. Great work on the TAWS team, by the way. The funky fibre ribbon on this card looks so organic and grounds those blossoms to well. See the deets on the Liebster on my blog, www.cjmacbred.blogspot.com. Cheers! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card - its gorgeous - Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Lyndal
    Love those flowers
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card-hope you link up at 52 card pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond gorgeous, Lyndal! LOVE all the texture, and the varying heights of your repeated blossom add such interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lyndal! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.