Thursday, March 8, 2012

Paper Smooches Adventure...



Before I tell you about todays card, I just wanted to say a big hello & welcome to all those lovely people who have recently joined as followers - I love sharing this craft and it is a privilege to have you along for the adventure :)

This card was inspired by this fortnightly photo from Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.  I love the natural textures and colours, along with the nautical and time theme - perfect for a little boys card.  I created the waves by using the negative pieces created when I used an EK Success Scalloped Edge punch - you can achieve a similar effect with any scalloped edge - just turn the negative punch out up-side-down and you have an instant wave!  The clouds are from the gorgeous new Paper Smooches Whimsical, and the time-related sentiment is stamped using Paper Smooches Alphadots.  For a change, I tried stamping with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Faded Jeans to keep with the stonewashed feel.  Papers are a combination of MME On The Bright Side - Two, Authentic Gathering, and the pirate ship and treasure island are cut of from Grace Taylors Playtime.  Finally, I mounted the scene on white cardstock to reflect the white edging around the clock.

Once again, thanks for joining me on this adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great card! Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER fun card! LOVE the little scene you created:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.