Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Welcome...



Making baby cards always makes me think back to when my now no-so-little ones were born.  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly they grow up, and how important it is to cherish time spent together :)

This little card was inspired by this gorgeous pastel palette at The Play Date Cafe, and this weeks CAS-ual Fridays Hey Baby challenge.  The card looks nothing like what it did in my head!  Die-cut onesies and the negative die-cut grass are from My Favourite Things.  I stamped the onesies with Paper Smmoches Alphadots - the W was too wide so I replaced it with an up-side-down M. The twine from Sew Easy by WeR Memory Makers is threaded through the buttons at each end to secure it.  Papers are a mix from My Minds Eye and Cosmo Cricket.  Sentiment is from My Favourite Things Clearly Sentimental about Babies.

I was finding it difficult to photograph this light on light pattern, so I backlit it by placing it on my windowsill.

I hope you find joy in your day
.
P.S. This added some to mine!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful card! i love the negative diecut grass...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little onesie banner is ADORABLE, Lyndal! And I love the negative punch out of your grass! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEek! Sooo cute! Love the onesie banner :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, Lyndal! I am in love with this! THe little onesies flapping in a warm breeze (in my mind), over a softly floral background with the die cut grass...it's heaven!

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea to put the sentiment on that onesie banner. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice, soft, springy baby card. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.