Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Take the Leap with Play Date Cafe...




Even though I struggle with purple, I loved this weeks colour inspiration board at The Play Date Cafe and couldn't resist playing along. The pastel colours look so delicate so I thought I'd try a new technique using a feather today.  As the purple content of my stash is minimal, I used Tattered Angels Glimmermist in Denim over Candy Pink to create my base then dragged the tip of the feather through the wet inks to combine and define the ink pattern (inspired by the gorgeous work of Louise Nelson).  The feather theme perfectly suited this sentiment stamp from My Favourite Things Clearly Sentimental About Success watermark inked then heat embossed with Ranger Ink Sea Foam embossing powder.  Background paper is by Fancy Pants. 

Really difficult to get a good photo of the amazing colours and shades that glimmermist produces - especially on a not-so-sunny day!

Hope you have the confidence to build your wings today :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lyndal! You've outdone yourself! This is stunning! And that sentiment is beyond words! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the shimmer on this background is heavenly, Lyndal! The feather is a really cool touch, too.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a neat way to use that feather and love that you included it in the finished product. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.