Sunday, November 20, 2011

Throwdown a Challenge... (or two)



Colours from this weeks Colour Throwdown Challenge reminded me of Pooh Bear, add to this the spots and dots challenge at Scrapbook Boutique - led to lots of circles here!

Couldn't wait to play with this little bear & robin set by Gillian Roberts, coloured in with Derwent Watercolour pencils and added text from My Favourite Things "Sending You a Little Christmas" set.  Vanilla cardstock embossed using Couture Creations "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, and red and dark grey cardstock cut using Spellbinders "Lacy Circles".  The paper I have used is an old line from Scenic Route, but a similar effect could be achieved by stamping.

Being a newbie to card making I'm still experimenting - LOTS!  I find that I prefer to stamp my outlined images in Stone Grey StazOn ink - what do you use?

6 comments:

  1. This is just too sweet! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable, what a cute bear! He is coloured so beautifully too, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet image and a very elegantly designed card! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love that image! Thanks for playing with us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Love this sweet little bear! The embossed dots are just perfect in the background. Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful combo of challenges Lyndal! the image is just too cute for words!
    Thanks for sharing at Scrapbook Boutique! :)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.