Sunday, August 4, 2013

Retro Red Merry Christmas...

 

You have until September 2 to join in the fun!

I thought that it was high time to get a head start on Christmas cards, especially since I was fortunate enough to recently win this gorgeous Poinsettia stamp set from Uniko Studio (who are having their very first Challenge over here, so if you get a chance, pop by and say Hello before August 14th). I stamped the poinsettia several times onto Basic Grey paper and fussy cut, mounting the five layers with foam tape, and then added Annabelle Stamps Blackcurrant Sprinkles as the buds on the poinsettia and to decorate the border. To play along with Shopping Our Stash Use Your Oldest Punch, I created the border using my oldest punch, a Fiskars Scalloped Border punch.  The weathered wood paper is from Simple Stories.

Believe it or not, this card started off using this gorgeous Retro Sketch as it's springboard, and dived off into a whole other pool!!!

I do have a couple more ideas in mind for this sketch, which you may or may not see this week LOL!  

Playing along with Merry Monday Anything Goes Challenge

14 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, Lyndal! this is totally DREAMY! Way to work the Uniko Studio Poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the poinsetta against the soft woodgrain. Thanks for the tip on the Uniko challenge...missed that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your card is stunning :) and the colour combo you've used is gorgeous. Super happy to see your comment over on the blog to direct me here :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poinsettia almost looks real Lyndal - it looks absolutely amazing, especially against the woodgrain background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right...I HAVE to get started on Chistmas cards...I only have 5 done so far! Love your beautiful poinsettia and that great woodgrain background. You have inspired me to get going today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I like the wood grain for the holidays. You've inspired me Lyndal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. I love the poinsettia. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lyndal, this is super pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! Love the texture and dimension you achieved! Thank you for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is great! Not only do I covet the poinsettia stamp, but I love the scalloped edge on the woodgrain. AND, it totally follows the sketch.

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful poinsettia! That is definitely a symbol of Christmas in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lyndal! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.